TikTok just announced a new feature they call the ‘Artist Account’. This feature aims at helping artists on the platform to get discovered and be more connected to their fans.
A lot of TikTok users on hearing about this announcement are intrigued and want to know more about this Artist Account feature. Below are some key things to note about this feature:
- It aims to bring musicians closer to their audience.
- The Tiktok Artist Account is available to all artists and musicians who have previously released music or want to release music.
- The Account acts as a storefront that enables fans to fully enjoy the artist’s music and latest releases
- Only artists with at least 4 songs are qualified to get the artist tag.
- Once the artist account is activated, the user gains instant access to a lot of tools including the artist tag.
- The artist tag is used to identify artists on the platform.
- A new tool called “The New Release Tool” shipped alongside the Artist Account features allows the artist’s music’s reach to be amplified. It also allows artists to highlight a new track/music for up to 14 days before release, and for 30 days after release.
- Artists can now share stories and inspirations behind the song.
In summary, the new Artist Account feature from TikTok helps musicians to better promote their music and reach a wider audience on TikTok.