Who we are
At Metrotimes, accessible from metrotimesngr.com, we are dedicated to serving our readers with quality content and information. We are also with a high priority of securing the privacy of our visitors.
Information we collect
The personal information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why you are required to provide it, will be made known to you at the point we ask you to provide it.
If at any point you choose to contact us, we may receive more information and details about yourself which may include: your name, email address, phone number, the details of the message, and/or any other information you may send us.
How we use your information
The information we collect may be used in different ways, which include to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
When Metrotimes visitors make comments on the site post, pages, etc., we collect the data shown in the form that we provide for comments and the IP address of the visitor and browser user agent string. This collected data is utilized in helping to prevent spam or detect it.
If you upload images to Metrotimes, you should refrain from uploading images that include embedded location data (EXIF GPS) because visitors of the website are able to download and extract any available location data from the images on the website.
Metrotimes follows a standard procedure of using log files. These types of files log visitors when they visit websites. This is not exactly new as all hosting companies do this and is a crucial part of hosting services’ analytics. The information that may collected by these log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, pages referred from, pages exited from, and the number of clicks by the user. Which are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The aim of collecting this information is to help in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and compiling demographic data.
Like any other website, Metrotimes uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Our Advertising Partners
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Your IP address is automatically received when this occurs. These technologies are used to analyze and understand how effective their advertising campaigns are and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit.
Do note that Metrotimes has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
The articles/posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). You may notice that the embedded content/data from other websites will behave in the same way this may appear as though the visitor has visited the other website.
It is possible to disable cookies through your browser options. If you need detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found on the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
A big part of our goal is to protect children using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, be involved in, and/or monitor and guide the online activities of their children.
It is important to note that Metrotimes does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13 that will identify them personally. If at any time you have any reason to believe that your child/ward has provided this kind of information on our website, we encourage you to contact us immediately. We will do our best to remove such information from our records as quickly as possible.